MIMOSA is seeking a solid, experienced, Android developer to contribute to our evolving remote health platform. You work well independently, but can integrate into small teams. You will work in conjunction with our software development team to implement consumer facing applications.
- Work as part of an agile development team, sometimes collaborating with external stakeholders to design and implement the front-end interface of a medical imaging device
- Participate in required Design Reviews with the team, as per required in a regulated environment
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Create and maintain technical and project documentation, including but not limited to, FAQs and training materials
- Ensure solutions are released properly and the release is documented
- Be open to learn and to contribute
Required Skills and Experience
- Computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, and general software design
- Strong understanding of and experience with version control systems
- 2+ years in developing Android applications for external users.
- Passion for UI / UX design
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Works well independently, as well as collaborates effectively with their team
- Curiosity and Passion for your work
Nice to Have
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with Linux/Unix
What we offer
Beyond providing stimulating and important work, MIMOSA subscribes to the idea that employee output cannot be separated from the quality of the employment experience. MIMOSA strives for equity not only among its customers, but also within the company itself. Our team operates with a transparent compensation structure, a non-hierarchical working environment, flexible work hours with remote working options for most roles, a comprehensive benefits program, and an employee equity incentive plan. We believe MIMOSA provides its employees with the perfect balance of autonomy and support, and we always welcome feedback. We look forward to meeting you and having you join our journey in making global healthcare better for all.
Salary range: $71,900 to $77,580
This position could be fully remote , but applicant must live in, and be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, racialized, and disabled individuals are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MIMOSA we are committed to building an equitable and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. Take the opportunity during the application process to tell us why you’re excited, and why you feel you’re right for this role or MIMOSA. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
If you require accommodations for an interview, please let us know and we will do everything we can to make sure it happens. We look forward to connecting with you!
No agencies, please.Apply Now