Analyst Payroll Operations & Compliance
- Requisition ID: 168570
- Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
- Job Category: HR Payroll Services East
- Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Country: Canada (CA)
- Province: Nova Scotia
- City: Stellarton
- Location: 0019 Stellarton RSC
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have an 7 month term opportunity for an Analyst, Payroll Operations & Compliance to join our HR Shared Services and Payroll team based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you’ll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Process multiple biweekly payrolls and monthly retiree payroll
- Process off-cycle payroll deposits or cheque requests
- Reconcile, remit, and report on all payroll liabilities including but not limited to CRA, RQ, WCB (all provinces), EHT, MB Health Tax, NL Health Tax, Group Benefits, Pension, Garnishments, Union Dues, Union Benefits and Party Funds)
- Reconcile and report on vacation liability account
- Prepare key performance indicator reports
- Prepare period end working papers for all payroll liability accounts
- Prepare journal entries
- Reconcile banking accounts
- Issue Cost Center Owner Reports and respond to inquiries
- Analyze complex Payroll issues
- Respond to Regional Human Resource and Finance inquiries
- Improve business efficiency and identify areas for process improvement
- Prepare and execute year end activities (including producing and reconciling T4s, T4As, RL-1s and annual returns for WCB including all provinces, EHT, NL Health Tax and MB Health Tax)
- Process annual bonus payments
- Process Record of Employment (ROE’s) in accordance with Service Canada requirements
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- 5+ years Payroll experience
- Undergraduate in Accounting/Business or relevant work experience
- Knowledge of SAP HR and Canadian Payroll
- CPA designation preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Strong data analysis, problem solving and decision-making ability
- Ability to be discrete and sensitive to confidential information
- Able to handle large volumes of work and meet tight deadlines
- Focus on exceeding customer service standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.