Analyst Inbound Transportation
- Requisition ID: 165734
- Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
- Job Category: Inbound Transportation
- Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Country: Canada (CA)
- Province: Alberta; Nova Scotia
- Location: 0012 Calgary RSC
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
We are growing! Our transportation team is looking for an Inbound Transportation Planning Analyst to actively work with the produce inbound freight carriers and buyers to reduce the cost of transportation and goods while improving product quality to Sobeys. You will also actively contribute to a positive and productive working environment. This position will work daytime and evening shifts Wednesday – Sunday.
This position will be based out of Vancouver, Calgary, Mississauga, or Stellarton, depending on the successful candidate’s location.
What you’ll get to do in this role:
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of Sobeys produce transportation strategic plan around transportation cost and product quality
- Investigate and authorize carrier invoices
- Investigate and help resolve carrier claims
- Generate and analyze transportation reports
- Review daily procurement issues with buyers, Distribution Centres and suppliers (i.e. lead times, delays, rush orders)
- Assist Manager with logistic requests (i.e. suppliers, merchandising, logistics, carriers, RSC)
- Prepare period end payments and reporting (i.e. expenses, freight clearing)
- Identify opportunities to reduce inventory, improve quality and reduce transportation costs and to act on these opportunities
- Build and maintain strategic alliances internally and externally to maximize product quality and minimize cost
- Manage daily transportation planning and optimization including track and trace
- Identify and implement best practices and synergies from within Sobeys and the industry
- Negotiate spot freight requirements as necessary to support quality and cost
- Facilitate custom issues while supporting on time delivery, product quality and cost objectives
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
What your resume will demonstrate
- Post secondary education or equivalent; undergraduate degree preferred
- Minimum of five years experience in transportation/logistics field with knowledge of transportation and custom regulations
- Knowledge of the transportation, produce industry and or retail grocery industry; distribution facility experience preferred
- Previous experience with contract negotiations would be a benefit
- Experience in effectively managing a multiple carrier base is an asset
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite; SAP, EXE and BW considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated, results oriented with a strong work ethic
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits (eligible employees)
- Ongoing training and development
- Flexible work arrangements
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus on innovation. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.