Accounting Technology Support Specialist
Imagination, ingenuity and entrepreneurial thinking lead to endless opportunities.
Combine your passion with purpose and join MNP’s Technology team as an Accounting Technology Support Specialist. Work with tech-savvy problem solvers who embrace digital transformation and the possibilities technology brings to the future of our industry. You’ll make an impact by strategically using MNP’s technology to ensure smooth IT operations, enabling team members and Partners to work efficiently and effectively.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our team members are successfully ‘disrupting’ mid-market business practices.
ROLE @ MNP
- Assist with queries from internal users regarding in-house custom templates for financial statements, correspondence and checklists
- Assist with queries from internal users regarding applications for working papers, bookkeeping (desktop and cloud products), practice management, tax preparation, and other applications used in the practice.
- Assess requests and determine whether the issue is related to a bug, user training, enhancement request or other type of problem
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities and troubleshooting of problems through use of your accounting knowledge and communicate those to the development team
- Elevate high priority tickets as required
- Escalate problems in a timely manner to the development team for fixes, or to internal subject matter experts for issues requiring clarification
- Contact third party vendors when appropriate to request more assistance or report issues with functionality
- Document resolutions to reoccurring issues or workarounds in the knowledge base
- Build trust with internal users by regularly demonstrating a high level of expertise and professionalism
- Understand functionality from a user perspective of products used in the various service lines for preparation of files and client deliverables
- Develop an understanding of all components of MNP’s CaseWare templates
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop your information technology knowledge
Your Skills And Experience
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience working in a technology support role
- Experience using ServiceNow or other technology ticketing systems
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong computer literacy and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), French communications skills would be considered an asset
The following skills and experiences would be considered an asset, but are not required:
- Experience working with Quickbooks, Sage, Xero or AgExpert (desktop or online versions)
- Experience working in a public accounting firm
- Experience working with CaseWare Working Papers and CaseView
- Development in CaseView or other report writing software