45Drives R&D Hardware Engineer
45Drives R&D Hardware Engineer
Location: Sydney, NS
Term: Permanent, Full time, Days (Monday-Friday)
Start Date: ASAP
Type: In-Office Only
- Are you driven to maximize the performance of technology?
- Are you fascinated by the inner workings of electronics and computers?
- Would you like be a part of an organization on the forefront of cutting edge technology?
If we’ve sparked your interest – read on to learn more about the unique opportunity to work as part of our R&D Team at 45Drives!
- Passion and open collaboration are the forefront of our DNA
- We thrive on innovation, autonomy, and the opportunity to take risks.
- Achieving exceptional results is a fundamental part of our success, and it ultimately leads to a happier and more fulfilling workplace
- We firmly believe that meaningful work is the key to genuine fulfillment. We have a passion for helping our people succeed.
The field of enterprise data storage may be unfamiliar to you, but if you possess an open mind and a quick learning ability, 45Drives is a place you could flourish.
More About 45 Drives
Full transparency, we work a little differently around here. Ultimately, we believe too many people exist without finding joy and meaning in their everyday jobs. We spend at least 1/3 of our lives working, so to do this and not be fulfilled or find purpose is just wrong. We create workplaces where our people want to come to work in the morning and feel good when they go home at the end of the day. This isn’t just a career move; it’s a leap towards a fulfilling, purpose-driven future.
At our core, we create big, strong, fast storage solutions that allow our customers to properly manage their storage needs, and scale as they grow – all at a fraction of the cost of legacy enterprise storage or cloud. We are ‘new enterprise’ in that we provide enterprise-level solutions but under an open-platform/open-source model. We work with some of the most innovative companies in the world and some of the most well-known YouTube influencers. Our marketing is a combination of cutting-edge video and social techniques, along with more conventional state-of-the-art account-based marketing.
Learn more about our company and what we do here: www.45drives.com
About This Opportunity
In this role, you’ll be hands-on in measuring vibrations and assessing thermal performance, ensuring our hardware meets top-notch standards. Validate prototypes against initial specs and play a crucial role in the development of cutting-edge storage solutions. If you’re passionate about pushing the limits in hardware engineering and enjoy a collaborative, forward-thinking environment, this opportunity is your chance to shape the future of storage technology with 45Drives.
So, what will you be doing as an R&D Hardware Engineer at 45Drives? The responsibilities include:
- Design new hardware systems that push us to new customer niches.
- Conduct system tests on hardware prototypes to enhance overall robustness
- Perform Thermal & Vibration Analysis on new designs
- Validate Prototype based on specs given at start of project
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of testing procedures
- Stay informed about the latest hardware engineering advancements
- Offer technical support to internal teams and external stakeholders
- Actively participate in the feedback loop to contribute insights and suggestions for continuous improvement in the hardware development process
What makes you a fit for this role?
- You have a strong background in hardware engineering
- You love to solve technical issues
- Taking imitative and self starting is something you excel at
- You are able to clearly and effectively communicate with stake holders
- You hold a degree in electrical engineering or possess equivalent and relevant hands-on experience
🏆 Training and Growth: We offer Leadership Training and continuous skills development opportunities tailored to your role
👩⚕️ Comprehensive Health Care Plan that includes Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Group Insurance
💰 Competitive Compensation: A total compensation package starting range from $59,558 and $77,942 CAD, based on experience, and a nominal 40-hour work week
🏡 Countless Community Discounts at local shops and restaurants
🏋️ YMCA Membership & Pension Plan: Access cost-shared YMCA membership and a Pension Plan after six months of employment.
🏖️ Vacation: Receive two weeks of vacation, increasing to three weeks after three years, and four weeks after five years.
🎉 Social Events: Join in on regular social events, includi
ng seasonal parties and monthly lunches
🍁 Immigration Support: 45Drives is proud to support many of our employees with their Immigration applications under the AIP
🌄Lifestyle of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia: Enjoy breathtaking hiking trails, stunning beaches, nearby golf and skiing, live music, and a vibrant culture – a lifestyle that marries nature and the great outdoors with a sense of friendship and community unlike anywhere else
So, why wait? Seize this rare and unique opportunity to join us in this new phase of growth!