2022-149 – Marketing Associate (CS3) – Ivany Campus/COVE
- Dartmouth, NS
- Marketing and Advertising
Marketing Associate (CS3)
Ivany Campus/Centre for Ocean Ventures and Entrepreneurship (COVE)
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Term Full-time Position: Commencing approximately July 18, 2022 and ending approximately May 30, 2024
Application deadline is 11:59PM, July 7, 2022
Competition No. 2022-149
Salary range: $41,410.71 to $50,445.42 annually
Based on public health guidelines, NSCC has returned to more in-person learning, supports and services. You may be required to work on campus, remotely or a combination of both as the Academic Year progresses. This will be clarified further upon hire.
NSCC firmly believes a vaccinated population is a vital part of keeping us, our friends, families and communities protected from COVID-19 and the developing, fast-moving variants. As such, we recommend that NSCC employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
What you’ll do
SEATAC is a unit of the Nova Scotia Community College, providing companies in the ocean technology industry with access to specialized research equipment, facilities and expertise.
Reporting to the SEATAC Program Director, you will be responsible for assisting with the development and delivery of a wide range of marketing communications strategies and activities planned and implemented by SEATAC, in consultation with the NSCC marketing department and other internal stakeholders.
You will work on a variety of projects, traditional and social-media marketing campaigns, and related communications initiatives designed to:
- promote SEATAC to internal (NSCC) and external audiences as a premier provider of ocean R&D solutions.
- highlight positive links between SEATAC and other NSCC business units.
What you’ll need
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand your position as a role model to each of our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC’s mission. You bring a learning-centered perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a College diploma in an area such as marketing, arts, business, science, communications, public relations, or similar marketing/communications-related discipline. A degree or diploma in Public Relations would be considered an asset.
- You have a minimum of two (2) years (full-time equivalent) of recent and related occupational experience in a research environment which includes outreach communications, research workshop planning, and working with various forms of news and social media.
- Occupational experience that includes working in a post-secondary research environment and experience within a Canadian College would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, and email for internal and external communications.
You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in advancing your work.
- Experience working with federal and provincial research granting agencies such as NSERC would be considered an asset.
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities specifically related to designing posters, booklets, and other marketing tools.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal and team building skills and are able to interact at all levels of an organization
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator both written and oral
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to event management and web content development
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in developing and executing creative video production used for knowledge dissemination
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide strategic recommendations based on insights
- You are a self-starter and highly motivated. Must be capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment
- You are dedicated to life-long learning and follow market trends in your profession
- You show a strong commitment to community involvement particularly in building community ties and supporting student development
- Some travel may be required