Storytelling is and has always been the way we understand the world; we have been telling stories for millennia to make sense of complex scenarios and the patterns around us. As a leader, you need to inspire, influence, and advocate your vision to your clients, colleagues, and team members, and to do this, you need to be a storyteller.
This storytelling course is based on a simple, yet profound idea: how to make communication more meaningful and impactful. You’ll discover the power of storytelling and how to make data a pivotal point in your story. The lessons are grounded in theory, but made accessible through numerous real-world examples – ready for immediate application to your next presentation. This workshop demonstrates how to go beyond conventional tools to reach the root of your data, and how to use your data and skills to create an engaging, informative, and compelling story.
You will learn how to:
- Connect with the audience in a meaningful way
- Use less slides and more stories to create more impact
- Explain and highlight data using stories to bring it to life
- Assess your Social Style, and that of the people you’re meeting, to assist you in focusing and tailoring your stories and style
- Create and deliver a story-based narrative that is authentic, meaningful, and memorable long after your presentation is over.
Taught by Christine Hamblin (BCA, BSc, MTEI), Atlantic Innovation Lead at Accenture, this class will help you learn the process of using storytelling to create stronger relationships, make your presentations more memorable, and bring data to life for your audience.
Lunch will be provided.
Date(s) - 16/07/2019
10:00 am - 2:00 pm